October 15, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #1 and A Taste of Christmas


Well I know its technically Saturday now, but when I first started this it was still Friday... 

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

1. A word that always makes me laugh is actually an inappropriate word to be posting on a blog. It comes with a funny story of not knowing the meaning and embarrassing myself in front of everyone.
2. If you looked in my refrigerator right now, the oldest thing you’d find would be  a tub of yogurt... I bought it the day after we moved in, and have since opened it. I guess after you move some of the foods you loved and craved change. 
3. If I were written about in the newspaper today, on the front page, the headline would say Crazy Lady with Christmas decorations already! ...
4. The last movie I saw was Super Troopers. Never fails to give me a good laugh! 
5. The best thing that happened to me in the last few weeks was finding out that our family's will be coming here for Thanksgiving! My first Thanksgiving dinner I've ever hosted.. eek :) 





To add onto yesterdays post and #3, today Joe and I were at wal-mart grocery shopping and decided to go in the outdoors section and look at the display of fake Christmas trees just to get an idea of what we would want. Originally we were going to get a real tree but its still undecided how long we will be in NY for the holidays. Anyways I saw the BEST tree ever and just had to get it, and of course as soon as I got home I was putting it together. Then Joe comes out with our only two Christmas ornaments we own and put them on our tree.






And over the past few days we have been trying to think of gifts we could make our family's that are inexpensive but cherish-able. I came across this on a craft website and decided its simple enough to do and with the beach being 10 min away, we can make the things inside a little more personal and special. Instead of fishbowls, we are going to use tall canning jars. This is my first craft project I've done in a long time! I feel like such a kid again and all giddy. The best part... Joe is equally excited!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a new follower from the military Monday hop and would love for you to stop by my page.
    http://themizenfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete