So I don't know if its just because I'm pregnant myself now, but today I was at the store and it seemed
that there were at least a pregnant woman in my eye sight at all times! I think its funny how I'm
always noticing other ladies and their soon to be or already children!
It makes me anxious to get big and be showing like them.
Here's a little update on my pregnancy so far:
1. What name did you and your spouse call your baby before you knew the gender?
When we found out I was pregnant, I was already 10 weeks along, and then we found out the gender at 15 weeks. So in between that time we were still getting used to the idea of becoming parents and telling everyone the news. I guess we never really had a nickname for him.
2. When did "Oh-my-gosh-we're-having-a-baby" really sink it?
There were a few different "oh my gosh" moments! The first would be when I took the pregnancy test. That was the biggest because we were expecting it to be a yes, but at the same time it was the unknown that surprised us! And then the first ultrasound when we saw our baby and heard the heartbeat! That really just set everything into stone that it was real, I have a living little being inside me.
3. When you think of yourself as a mom, what's the first thing to come to mind?
I instantly think of my baby. I think of the new-found bond I'll experience that can't even be described in words! I am beyond excited to expand my family and have our first child!
4. Is your nursery complete? What's the theme and what do you have left to complete?
NO! We've bought the paint and have a general idea how we want it, but the spare bedroom still has to be gutted. Its packed full of my husbands military gear right now, so we have a lot of rearranging to do before we can even start painting. And since I'm not very far along yet, I only have 1 or 2 baby items. The funny thing is, since the hubs is deploying right around the time of birth, I'm going to be staying with my parents for 7-8 months; so we have two nursery's to create. But my mom has packed full ideas for the nursery at their house!
5. List 5 qualities you hope your baby will possess:
1. Charm 2. Silliness 3. Loving 4. Outgoing 5. Brave
6. What's your ideal labor experience?
I suppose quick, and easy. And most importantly problem free! It would be ideal if Carter (the baby) decided to come a little early that way he can meet his daddy before he leaves over seas. But a healthy baby is the most important!
7. List 5 things that have changed in your relationship with your spouse since you've been pregnant:
1. We respect each other more 2. We fight less! 3. We are the most in love we've ever been 4. We are working as a team to clean the house and prepare for the baby 5. We don't just live day to day anymore, we talk about the future longgg down the road
8. List 5 things you think will change once your baby arrives:
1. I will be more aggressive, and have mother instincts 2. I'll find myself getting frustrated with people who don't understand motherhood 3. I will experience a new type of exhaustion lol! 4. I will be a cleaner person and more organized 5. My entire life will change and I'll just be a new person
9. Where do you think you'll be when you go into labor? Why?
I either think I'll be in school because my final classes are right up until I'm 38 weeks.. (which I pray this won't happen because I drive 1.5 hours just to class every weekday) or I'll be home, because after I'm done with school, I'll just be hanging out at home with the hubs!
10. Have you been talking to your baby? Playing music?
I'll talk to him when I'm not feeling good and its him. But mostly he probably listens to music because I always have some type of music going!
11. In what ways do you hope your baby is like your spouse?
I would be proud to have a son like my husband! He is committed to what he does, will always have my back and do whatever it takes to be a protector and a provider. And he's my best friend. I'm proud of the man my husband is and I'd be proud of my son too!
12. In what ways do you hope your baby is like you?
I've always been known to do what I want no matter what anyone says.. Ex- I got married while still in high school, I dropped out of Business School for Massage Therapy, I don't back down in a fight. I may be a bit knuckle headed, but I'm happy of my don't give a shoot attitude. I don't want anyone to ever be able to talk Carter out of his dreams.
13. How long will you wait for the next baby, or if this is your last one, why/why not?
The hubs wants to try for another one after he gets back from his deployment, which would put Carter at 7/8 months. I on the other hand wouldn't mind waiting a few years. But I supposed we will just see what happens. Carter will not be our only though.
14. What kind of grandparents do you think your baby will have?
Amazing! My parents are going to be a major part of Carters first year, seeing how we will be living with them. This will be the hub's parents first grandchild, so I know they are super excited too!
15. Who will be with you during labor? Who will visit you in the hospital during your recovery?
It all depends on when I have him. If I have him on my due date, my husband will be gone already so it most likely will just be my mom and then we will make the trip up to NY after we get out of the hospital. If Carter comes early, then my husband will be in the room when I give birth and my mom will be visiting as soon as she gets down to NC.
16. How much will you tell your baby (child, teenager) about your past? Why/why not?
I'll be open with him when he's older. There are some things he doesn't need to know, but I want him to know my life with his dad. And my own life as a child. I also want to teach him right from wrong with some of my own experiences.
17. Do you have any hopes for your child's activities? (Sports, academics, school preference, activities, etc)
I wish for my son to do well in whatever it is he does, weather it be college, military, or work. I plan to get him into sports when he's little and give him a wide range of opportunities and if he doesn't like them then that's his decision. The hubs was a wrestler his entire school career and hopes for Carter to follow but nothing he doesn't want to do will be pushed on him.
18. When will you tell your baby about the birds and the bees?
Since he's a son, I'll probably talk to him a little sooner. But who knows I'm young and don't plan on having that discussion for a while!
19. And finally, Be annoying! What "advice" do you want newly pregnant women to know?
I'm not even half way through my own pregnancy yet, so I can't put much advice out there. But I've noticed when I sit around and do nothing all day, I feel tired and crummy. So get up and still be active, eat right. You and the baby will feel great!